Traffic remake takes off
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
The shooting of Hindi remake of the 2011 superhit Malyalam hit Traffic took off in Hyderabad last week. While the ensemble cast of the Hindi version includes Manoj Bajpayee, Parambrata Chatterjee and Divya Dutta, the new addition is Vishakha Singh and TV actor, Vishal Singh. Bajpayee and Chatterjee have started shooting for their parts and Singh will be joining them soon.
"I play Aditi, a teacher, who is a divorcee. She's strong, serious and an independent woman. A new boy has yet to be finalised to star opposite me. His character, however, dies in the film. Five stories are interconnected, and all the characters get affected by one single incident, while the traffic plays havoc with them. I am really excited about this thriller," said Singh.
Though the film is Mumbai-centric, a major part is being shot in Hyderabad as the city has good, clean roads, says the actress who was last seen as a dance instructor in Fukrey and teacher in Bajatey Raho. The film will also be shot in Mumbai. Traffic is produced by Eyedentity Motion Pictures, a newly-launched wing of TV production house, Endemol India that has the rights of the Malayalam version. Rajesh Pillai, who directed the original, is weilding the megaphone for the remake as well.