Traffic remake takes off
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
The shooting of Hindi remake of the 2011 superhit Malyalam hit Traffic took off in Hyderabad last week. While the ensemble cast of the Hindi version includes Manoj Bajpayee, Parambrata Chatterjee and Divya Dutta, the new addition is Vishakha Singh and TV actor, Vishal Singh. Bajpayee and Chatterjee have started shooting for their parts and Singh will be joining them soon.
"I play Aditi, a teacher, who is a divorcee. She's strong, serious and an independent woman. A new boy has yet to be finalised to star opposite me. His character, however, dies in the film. Five stories are interconnected, and all the characters get affected by one single incident, while the traffic plays havoc with them. I am really excited about this thriller," said Singh.
Though the film is Mumbai-centric, a major part is being shot in Hyderabad as the city has good, clean roads, says the actress who was last seen as a dance instructor in Fukrey and teacher in Bajatey Raho. The film will also be shot in Mumbai. Traffic is produced by Eyedentity Motion Pictures, a newly-launched wing of TV production house, Endemol India that has the rights of the Malayalam version. Rajesh Pillai, who directed the original, is weilding the megaphone for the remake as well.