Tragedy Queen’s Curtain Call
- Ghulam Ali's concert in Mumbai cancelled after Shiv Sena's threat
- PM Modi a sensitive person, don't judge him on social media posts: BJP on Dadri lynching
- Why President Mukherjee hit the right notes on core values of 'diversity', 'plurality' and 'tolerance'
- Barack Obama apologises for air strike on Kunduz hospital: White House
- Commercial vehicles entering Delhi to pay environmental tax: NGT
Five years ago, when Pune-based theatre artiste Yogini Pophale came across poems written by Meena Kumari, she became curious to read other works penned by the late actor. She not only read every single book written on her and by her, but also managed to meet people who threw light on Meena Kumari as a poet. What followed was a discovery that Pophale was determined to share with others. For four years, Pophale researched and gathered every possible information about the actor. Finally, she is ready with Mehajabeen – Safar Meena Kumari Ka, a Urdu-Hindi drama that represents Meena Kumari's personal and professional journey with a special emphasis on her interest in writing. The drama also includes some of the immortal songs from her films and narratives, accompanied with dances. However, the highlight of the event is Meena Kumari's rare ghazals and poems to be recited in her own voice.