Train over software engineer
- Amit Shah moves HC against FIRs on hate speeches
- Narendra Modi tukde-tukde kar dega: Rahul Gandhi
- EC notice to Azam for Kargil, other remarks
- Lok Sabha elections: Polling ends in Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal
- April 9 Campaign roundup: Gujarat model "balloon" will burst the same way as 'India Shining', says Rahul
A software engineer was fatally ran over by a train while crossing the railway track near Whitefield station, sparking protests by residents who stopped two trains for nearly two hours.
Vipin, a native of Delhi, was trying to cross the track at Kadugodi when mishap occurred, police said.
The mishap sparked protest by nearby residents who raised slogans against Railway authorities for not meeting their long-pending demand for a skywalk at Kadugodi to enable people of the area cross the track.
The protesters stopped the Chennai-Bangalore and Bangalore-Chennai trains for nearly two hours.
The protesters dispersed after Railway authorities assured them of looking into the matter, police said.
- Parties promise homes to people who don’t even own a radio
- 4 years on, Mirchpur village’s Dalits still scared to return
- Delhi-NCR votes today for Lok Sabha polls
- Sebi receives complaints on Ranbaxy trade, seeks data
- BJP’s Kerala hopes start in Kasaragod, centre of divide, Otherwise, it’s still largely bipolar
- Trading at BSE disrupted for second time this week