Train over software engineer
- Kejriwal's detention in Modi land sparks violent clashes between BJP, AAP in three states
- India goes to poll in 9 phases from April 7 to May 12; vote count on May 16
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
- Didi lists out celebs, nephew and statistics
A software engineer was fatally ran over by a train while crossing the railway track near Whitefield station, sparking protests by residents who stopped two trains for nearly two hours.
Vipin, a native of Delhi, was trying to cross the track at Kadugodi when mishap occurred, police said.
The mishap sparked protest by nearby residents who raised slogans against Railway authorities for not meeting their long-pending demand for a skywalk at Kadugodi to enable people of the area cross the track.
The protesters stopped the Chennai-Bangalore and Bangalore-Chennai trains for nearly two hours.
The protesters dispersed after Railway authorities assured them of looking into the matter, police said.
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan