Train over software engineer
- Lies being spread that govt will scrap reservation: PM Modi
- Bihar polls: PM Modi's rally at Bhabhua tomorrow gets EC clearance
- Policy decision on combat role for women soon, says Defence Minister Parrikar
- Delhi: 4-year-old girl raped, found bleeding near railway tracks
- K P Oli elected as new Prime Minister of Nepal
A software engineer was fatally ran over by a train while crossing the railway track near Whitefield station, sparking protests by residents who stopped two trains for nearly two hours.
Vipin, a native of Delhi, was trying to cross the track at Kadugodi when mishap occurred, police said.
The mishap sparked protest by nearby residents who raised slogans against Railway authorities for not meeting their long-pending demand for a skywalk at Kadugodi to enable people of the area cross the track.
The protesters stopped the Chennai-Bangalore and Bangalore-Chennai trains for nearly two hours.