Train runs over 3 men posing for photos on tracks
- Lok Sabha elections: First phase of polling ends, Assam records 72 pc voting, Tripura 80 pc
- BJP manifesto pledges good governance, talks of constructing Ram Temple, abrogating Article 370
- Possible signals from lost jet's black boxes heard
- Revenge remark: EC issues notice to Amit Shah
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP has made Advani "small leader", says Rahul Gandhi
Three persons were crushed to death by a train in the Link Road area of Ghaziabad on Sunday.
The incident occurred around 4.50 pm, when four men decided to click photographs with the train in the background, in an attempt to "imitate a scene from a Bollywood movie," police said.
Ishwar (19) and Monu (24) died on the spot, while Kamal (20) succumbed to injuries in a private hospital in Kaushambi.
The three were hit by the train, while their friend Rohit, who was clicking pictures, escaped unhurt. According to the police, the four misjudged the distance between them and the train and the three posing for pictures were crushed by the speeding Delhi-Sealdah Rajdhani Express.
"Rohit, who was clicking pictures, suspected that they could be injured and jumped off tracks to save himself. However, Ishwar, Monu and Kamal could not save themselves and were hit by the speeding train," a senior police officer said.
After the train passed, Rohit raised the alarm to seek help and was passersby helped him take Kamal to a nearby private hospital. He succumbed to injuries during treatment, at 8.30 pm.
Monu and Rohit work at a pamphlet store in Chawdi Bazar. They were in the Kaushambi area to distribute some pamphlets in Surya Nagar, after which they went to the Link road area. Ishwar and Kamal are Class XII students of Gandhi Memorial School in Shahdara.
Locals took to the streets after the incident and staged a protest, demanding an underpass at the crossing. Police and other officials of the city administration reached the spot to calm the agitators. An FIR was lodged at the Link Road police station and further investigation is on while the bodies of the three have been sent for a post-mortem examination.
- Ukraine says Russia fomenting eastern unrest
- Liquor worth Rs 4.85 cr seized in MP ahead of LS polls
- Man held with foreign currency worth Rs 38 lakh at airport
- Candidates steering towards auto unions to rev up support
- ‘Will send builders of illegal structures to jail’
- To root out corruption, vote for change and give the new face a chance, says Bains