Train service between Dahanau, Churchgate before June: WR
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Fresh FIR against Azam Khan
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP wants to destroy secular values, only Congress promises secularism, says Sonia Gandhi
Western Railway (WR) general manager R N Verma on Tuesday said the WR would start local train services between Dahanau and Churchgate before June, 2010. He was inspecting the Borivali-Virar section of the suburban railway system to find out whether there is any possibility to sanction more stops in the section for the recently launched 15-coach trains.
"Between Borivali and Virar, stops can be sanctioned at Bhayander, Mira Road and Nalasopara stations. The 15-coach trains can easily halt at these stations. But a study should be carried out before giving the sanction," he said.
"For operating a full-fledged train service between Dahanu and Churchgate, we will need more new (A/c, D/c) trains ," added Verma. A team led by Verma also inspected the Virar car shed and the spots where works on the track- widening for EMU rakes and stabling lines are being carried out.
"All DMU trains will be replaced by EMU rakes. As these trains are faster, track-widening is necessary. We have almost completed the work. Work on Virar car shed will take at least six months to complete and stabling line work has not been finished yet. At a few stations, the height of the platforms should be raised," said a railway official.
Dahanu Road station is 63 km from Virar station and the distance between Dahanu and Chuchgate is 123.78 km. There are seven stations between Virar and Dahanu stations, including Vaitarna, Sapale, Kelve Road, Palghar, Umroli, Boisar, Vangaon.
In July 2008, new goods shed was commissioned at Dahanu. Apart from this, work has been done keeping in mind passenger amenities. Dahanu will become a terminus and this project will cost around Rs 55 crore.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit