Train service between Dahanau, Churchgate before June: WR
- Flydubai plane crash LIVE: Two Indians among 62 killed in southern Russia
- Uttarakhand govt crisis LIVE: Speaker issues notice under anti-defection law to 9 rebel Congress MLAs
- Urdu writers asked to declare: My book not against the govt, nation
- Rates cut: PPF, senior citizen scheme, deposits to earn less
- Jharkhand: 2 Muslim cattle traders found hanging from tree in Latehar
Western Railway (WR) general manager R N Verma on Tuesday said the WR would start local train services between Dahanau and Churchgate before June, 2010. He was inspecting the Borivali-Virar section of the suburban railway system to find out whether there is any possibility to sanction more stops in the section for the recently launched 15-coach trains.
"Between Borivali and Virar, stops can be sanctioned at Bhayander, Mira Road and Nalasopara stations. The 15-coach trains can easily halt at these stations. But a study should be carried out before giving the sanction," he said.
"For operating a full-fledged train service between Dahanu and Churchgate, we will need more new (A/c, D/c) trains ," added Verma. A team led by Verma also inspected the Virar car shed and the spots where works on the track- widening for EMU rakes and stabling lines are being carried out.
"All DMU trains will be replaced by EMU rakes. As these trains are faster, track-widening is necessary. We have almost completed the work. Work on Virar car shed will take at least six months to complete and stabling line work has not been finished yet. At a few stations, the height of the platforms should be raised," said a railway official.
Dahanu Road station is 63 km from Virar station and the distance between Dahanu and Chuchgate is 123.78 km. There are seven stations between Virar and Dahanu stations, including Vaitarna, Sapale, Kelve Road, Palghar, Umroli, Boisar, Vangaon.
- The story of Indian politics can be explained with the story of Aadhaar
- The RSS needs to change a lot more than its knickers
- Here’s an Indian Test XI that would fight to the bitter end. And, there is no Tendulkar
- No one seems to have even kept an eye on various accounts Mallya created to escape debts
- Inside Track: Old new guard
- Pakistan cannot be far behind Mexico when it comes to kidnappings