Trainee pilot from Uran Academy killed in Pachmarhi crash
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi says poverty is a 'tourist destination' for Rahul
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh defiant despite FIR, says he stands by his 'Modi critics must go to Pak' remarks
- RSS appeal to âmajorityâ: Vote or become history
A single-engine training plane flown by a trainee pilot crashed in the Pachmarhi hills of Madhya Pradesh killing him on Tuesday.
The plane Diamond 40 belonging to Rae Bareli's Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Udan Academy (IGRUA) had taken off from Gondia's Birsi airport on Tuesday around 12.30 pm. After some time, the ATC lost contact with it, raising doubts of a crash.
The wreckage of the plane was also located.
It is not immediately known as to what caused the crash. Neither could it be known why the trainee was piloting the plane all alone.
The dead body of the pilot Sohail Ansari (19) was found Wednesday near Belakhadi in the Pachmarhi hills.
It is gathered that Ansari had become eligible for a solo flight since he had fulfilled the stipulated 80-hour flight criterion.
While no official was available for comment, sources identified Ansari as a resident of Bijnour in Uttar Pradesh.
It is gathered that the IGRUA conducts some of its training flights from Gondia airport that houses the Rajiv Gandhi National Flying Institute in view of better weather conditions there during winter compared to Rae Bareli. This year, 26 trainees and 10 planes have come to Birsi for the purpose.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota