Trainee pilot from Uran Academy killed in Pachmarhi crash
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
A single-engine training plane flown by a trainee pilot crashed in the Pachmarhi hills of Madhya Pradesh killing him on Tuesday.
The plane Diamond 40 belonging to Rae Bareli's Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Udan Academy (IGRUA) had taken off from Gondia's Birsi airport on Tuesday around 12.30 pm. After some time, the ATC lost contact with it, raising doubts of a crash.
The wreckage of the plane was also located.
It is not immediately known as to what caused the crash. Neither could it be known why the trainee was piloting the plane all alone.
The dead body of the pilot Sohail Ansari (19) was found Wednesday near Belakhadi in the Pachmarhi hills.
It is gathered that Ansari had become eligible for a solo flight since he had fulfilled the stipulated 80-hour flight criterion.
While no official was available for comment, sources identified Ansari as a resident of Bijnour in Uttar Pradesh.
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage
- Strengthen Centre-state relations by giving the Inter-State Council teeth
- The Patel agitation and Dalit unrest threaten BJP’s dominance in Gujarat
- The CAMPA Bill: Whose forests are these anyway?
- Arundhati Ghose will be remembered for her role in India’s nuclear diplomacy
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation