Trainee pilot from Uran Academy killed in Pachmarhi crash
- Kashmir: 3 militants dead after attack at army camp in Handwara, medicines with Pak marking recovered
- The whitewash: Probe alleges Rohith Vemula's mother faked Dalit status, blames him for his suicide
- BCCI refute allegations of non-compliance with Lodha panel in Supreme Court
- Jayalalithaa's health: Madras HC dismisses petition, says filed for publicity, political reasons
- Government study finds toxins in PET bottles of 5 soft drink brands
A single-engine training plane flown by a trainee pilot crashed in the Pachmarhi hills of Madhya Pradesh killing him on Tuesday.
The plane Diamond 40 belonging to Rae Bareli's Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Udan Academy (IGRUA) had taken off from Gondia's Birsi airport on Tuesday around 12.30 pm. After some time, the ATC lost contact with it, raising doubts of a crash.
The wreckage of the plane was also located.
It is not immediately known as to what caused the crash. Neither could it be known why the trainee was piloting the plane all alone.
The dead body of the pilot Sohail Ansari (19) was found Wednesday near Belakhadi in the Pachmarhi hills.
It is gathered that Ansari had become eligible for a solo flight since he had fulfilled the stipulated 80-hour flight criterion.
While no official was available for comment, sources identified Ansari as a resident of Bijnour in Uttar Pradesh.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness