Trainee pilot from Uran Academy killed in Pachmarhi crash
- Ghulam Ali's concert in Mumbai cancelled after Shiv Sena's threat
- PM Modi a sensitive person, don't judge him on social media posts: BJP on Dadri lynching
- Why President Mukherjee hit the right notes on core values of 'diversity', 'plurality' and 'tolerance'
- Barack Obama apologises for air strike on Kunduz hospital: White House
- Commercial vehicles entering Delhi to pay environmental tax: NGT
A single-engine training plane flown by a trainee pilot crashed in the Pachmarhi hills of Madhya Pradesh killing him on Tuesday.
The plane Diamond 40 belonging to Rae Bareli's Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Udan Academy (IGRUA) had taken off from Gondia's Birsi airport on Tuesday around 12.30 pm. After some time, the ATC lost contact with it, raising doubts of a crash.
The wreckage of the plane was also located.
It is not immediately known as to what caused the crash. Neither could it be known why the trainee was piloting the plane all alone.
The dead body of the pilot Sohail Ansari (19) was found Wednesday near Belakhadi in the Pachmarhi hills.
It is gathered that Ansari had become eligible for a solo flight since he had fulfilled the stipulated 80-hour flight criterion.
While no official was available for comment, sources identified Ansari as a resident of Bijnour in Uttar Pradesh.