Trains run behind schedule, 17 cancelled
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Hundreds of passengers were stranded on the railway station as incessant rains brought the city life to standstill.
With the cancellation of 17 trains, commuters were a hassled lot.
Passengers lined up outside the enquiry counter to enquire about trains which were running behind schedule or had be cancelled.
Saskalan, a native of a village near Kanpur, said, "I had to board Tata-Amritsar train for Uttar Pradesh scheduled to depart at 2 pm but till now there is no information regarding the arrival of the train. Even the station authorities are clueless."
Another commuter, Priyanka complained that she had to board a train for Azamgarh at 3 pm but still there was no information from the enquiry counter about the arrival of the train.
The day was full of chaos as the entrance of the station was waterlogged. As the railway station is situated in the low-lying area of the city, water accumulated on the road leading to traffic snarls.
A passenger, Shiv Kumar, told that, "Due to this chaos, rickshawpullers and autorickshaw drivers are demanding more than double the fare."
Even policemen were conspicuous by their absence. Three to four cops were seen enjoying a cuppa near the entrance seemingly oblivious to the security aspect of the city's lifeline.
As per information, two passengers fainted at the station waiting for their trains.
Although commuters took a sigh of relief as it became sunny around 2 pm, waterlogged railway station was giving a tough time to commuters.
LIST OF THE TRAINS CANCELLED
* New Delhi-Amritsar Express
* Amritsar Swaran Shatabdi
* Howrah Amritsar Janshatabdi
* NDLS JUC Express
* Hemkunt Express
* Golden Temple Express
* Jammu Mail 4033
* Shan-e-Punjab 2497
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress