Trans-Arunachal Highway upgraded, is now NH-52B
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections 2017 Phase 3 polling LIVE updates: 38.96 per cent voting till 1 pm
- Live updates: PM Modi addresses rally in Fatehpur
- Tamil Nadu trust vote: DMK announces hunger strike on February 22, M K Stalin booked for 'unlawful assembly'
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Kerala Police make two more arrests
- Balidan Diwas: Thousands of Jats gather to protest amid heightened security across Haryana
The 1,850-km long Trans- Arunachal Highway has been declared a National Highway by the Ministry of Shipping, Road Transport & Highways through a gazette notification. It will now be implemented by the ministry under the Special Accelerated Road Development Programme (SARDP) for the North-East.
"It is now NH-52B and while 100 kms of the highway will fall into Assam area, the rest of it will run through Arunachal Pradesh. The existing NH-52 is also single laned at present and will have to be upgraded. Still further, we will also be constructing connecting roads from the highway to all district headquarters in the state," said a senior official from the Ministry of Shipping, Road Transport and Highways. In addition, a Rs 1,000- crore 60-km 'missing link' between NH-57 and NH-37 connecting Dibang and Lohit valley in the state has also been declared as an extension of the NH-37.
The Rs 10,000 crore project to provide a two-laned connectivity right through Arunachal Pradesh will stretch out between the strategic Tawang area to Mahadeopur ending near Dibrugarh in Assam. NH 52B will include 220 kms of the existing NH 52 stretch, and will also touch Bomdila, Nechipur, Seppa, Sagali, Ziro, Daporijo, Along, Pasighat, Roing Teju, Mahadeopur, Namchik, Changlang and Khonsa on the Nagaland border and Kanubari en route.
- After Jayalalithaa’s death, the AIADMK is poised to undergo another self-destructing transformation
- Sasikala went only after trying to portray herself as a martyr
- Sasikala has no political experience, no qualification other than being Jayalalitha’s home help
- Inside track: Resort to tactics
- In Manipur, Cong battles fatigue, BJP struggles to grow roots. Irom Sharmila makes debut
- India should convince world that the choice between Islamic State and Taliban is a false one