Transfer of posts causing problems at PU
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacks 'helicopter politics' of Modi and Gandhis; Priyanka says others misguiding voters
- SC sets up panel to frame guidelines for government ads ahead of polls
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
Conversion and transfer of academic posts within and across departments of Panjab University (PU) have become a matter of concern for varsity authorities. Moreover, such conversions are also giving rise to various problems related to seniority and rotational headship.
The issue even led to a heated discussion in the Senate meeting on Saturday, when a matter regarding the conversion of one post of Assistant Professor, earmarked for law stream at University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) to Commerce stream came up for the House's consideration.
Senator Ajay Ranga apprised the PU Vice-Chancellor Prof Arun Kumar Grover that in case of conversion of post at UILS, recommendations are never placed before the faculty of the department.
" Moreover, a procedure laid down in the PU calender was not followed in the case," he added. Senators also highlighted that a majority of the time, posts are converted on the basis of a 'pick and chose' method. As per rules, conversion or transfer of posts can only be done after the approval of two committees of the department - academic and administrative.
Furthermore, Panjab University Teachers Association (PUTA) president Mohammad Khalid also stressed that the views of academic and administrative committees, which are statutory committees as per the PU calender, are never taken into account.
Sources said that from the Evening studies department two teachers were transferred to other departments. Reader in Economics Department evening studies Pardeep Kumar was transferred to University of Applied Management Sciences (UIAMS). Similarly, Prof Anil Monga of Public Administration in Evening Studies Department was shifted to Police Administration. Adding to it, G K Chatrath held that rather than convertingposts, additional posts should be created. Prof Grover assured that he will review the entire matter.
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry