Transferred SPs join IB
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Biggest phase of voting kicks off across 121 seats in 12 states
The state government posted the three recently transferred superintendents of police to state Intelligence Bureau in Gandhinagar who were shunted out by the Election Commission from their districts a week ago.
The three police officers — Harekrishna Patel, M S Bharada and N D Solanki — were transferred by the EC on November 5.
The EC had shunted Patel from Jamnagar, Bharada from Patan and Solanki from Surat. However, they were not given the postings.
DGP Chitranjan Singh said, "All the three SPs have been posted in state IB of CID (Crime) in Gandhinagar now."
The SPs were shifted in the November 5 reshuffle when the state government had shifted SIT officer Himanshu Shukla from the Detection of Crime Branch and relieved IGP A K Sharma from the charge of the Special Branch.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18