Transferred SPs join IB
- Eden to Eden, IPL Eight wonder
- Jayalalithaa announces welfare schemes worth Rs 1800 crore
- Heat wave continues to torment India; death toll rises to 368
- Will work towards abrogating Article 370 when we have numbers in Parliament: BJP
- Mathematician John Nash, who inspired 'A Beautiful Mind', killed in car crash
The state government posted the three recently transferred superintendents of police to state Intelligence Bureau in Gandhinagar who were shunted out by the Election Commission from their districts a week ago.
The three police officers — Harekrishna Patel, M S Bharada and N D Solanki — were transferred by the EC on November 5.
The EC had shunted Patel from Jamnagar, Bharada from Patan and Solanki from Surat. However, they were not given the postings.
DGP Chitranjan Singh said, "All the three SPs have been posted in state IB of CID (Crime) in Gandhinagar now."
The SPs were shifted in the November 5 reshuffle when the state government had shifted SIT officer Himanshu Shukla from the Detection of Crime Branch and relieved IGP A K Sharma from the charge of the Special Branch.