Transferred SPs join IB
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
The state government posted the three recently transferred superintendents of police to state Intelligence Bureau in Gandhinagar who were shunted out by the Election Commission from their districts a week ago.
The three police officers — Harekrishna Patel, M S Bharada and N D Solanki — were transferred by the EC on November 5.
The EC had shunted Patel from Jamnagar, Bharada from Patan and Solanki from Surat. However, they were not given the postings.
DGP Chitranjan Singh said, "All the three SPs have been posted in state IB of CID (Crime) in Gandhinagar now."
- Europe’s challenge: to find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible. Surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since