Transferred SPs join IB
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
The state government posted the three recently transferred superintendents of police to state Intelligence Bureau in Gandhinagar who were shunted out by the Election Commission from their districts a week ago.
The three police officers — Harekrishna Patel, M S Bharada and N D Solanki — were transferred by the EC on November 5.
The EC had shunted Patel from Jamnagar, Bharada from Patan and Solanki from Surat. However, they were not given the postings.
DGP Chitranjan Singh said, "All the three SPs have been posted in state IB of CID (Crime) in Gandhinagar now."
The SPs were shifted in the November 5 reshuffle when the state government had shifted SIT officer Himanshu Shukla from the Detection of Crime Branch and relieved IGP A K Sharma from the charge of the Special Branch.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today