Transitional world order
- Sack RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan: Swamy writes to PM Modi
- MCD bypoll results: AAP, Cong win in 5 wards each, BJP in 3 seats
- Exit polls: BJP set to storm Assam, LDF in Kerala, Mamata in Bengal, close contest in Tamil Nadu
- No reply to query, NIA writes to Pak: Allow us to visit for Pathankot probe
- Suspended JDU leader Manorama Devi sent to 14-day custody over liquor prohibition
The West Indies (No. 7) never really managed it and have struggled for close to two decades now -- from 43 wins from 82 Tests in the 80s, they have 24 in 134 since 2000. With the retirement of Vaas and Muralitharan, Sri Lanka (No. 6) too are feeling the heat, winning just four of 22 Tests in the last two years.
(Shamik is a senior correspondent based in Kolkata)
- Modi government has rightly given the highest priority to reviving agriculture
- Should the citizen say ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai’, or not, is not the question
- In the post-Paris climate negotiations, India must first ratify the Paris agreement
- America’s leaders have drawn attention to a deep paradox of Japan’s nuclear story
- Socialists need to regroup to fight authoritarianism and communalism
- No proof required: End of the road for Congress?