Translated LR sent over Headley’s estranged wife
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
India has sent a fresh Letter Rogatory (LR) to Morocco for the questioning of Faiza Outalha, the estranged wife of Pakistani-American terrorist David Headley, after its earlier request was returned.
The Union Home Ministry cleared a fresh LR after the Government of Morocco asked for a French translation of the same document, official sources said. The French language is generally used by the government there for international diplomacy purposes.
Sources said the questioning and recording of Outalha's statement is necessary as she reportedly had a first-hand account of Headley's association with LeT chief Hafiz Saeed alleged to be behind the 26/11 attack.