Trauma ICU toll 5, govt admits no norms exist
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
Walia said, "The point of outsourcing must also include accountability. The contract system has to be scrupulously supervised and it must also be ensured whether the staff posted are qualified to perform the job or not."
The Health Minister also stressed the importance of protocol, where responsibilities are fixed. "This is required so that in case of any violation, disciplinary action is taken against the defaulters. At the apex level in hospitals,there must be well laid-down procedures," Walia said.
The four-member committee to review existing procedures will be chaired by Dr Arun Kumar Agarwal, Dean of the Maulana Azad Medical College.
Technician Amit Singh Katoch (25) and supervisor Madan Lal Sharma (66) have been arrested in connection with the oxygen supply failure at the Sushruta trauma centre that claimed five lives. Amit, a resident of Sadanand Colony in Bhalswa Dairy area, is a Class VIII dropout. Sharma lives in Guru Angad Nagar Extension, Laxmi Nagar.
- BJP Dalit leader mounts pressure on Kejriwal over AAP’s stand on reservation
- PGI gets 10 new glaucoma cases of kids every month
- Balongi: 4 more water samples fail; 3 kids among 4 new patients
- Kejriwal gave ‘misleading information’ about assets, complainant tells court
- Was told not to talk of Jaspal Bhatti… He was my husband, my motivation: Savita
- Delhi EC moots longer polling hours
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress