Travel agent duped man in name of Australian citizenship, booked
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul tears into Narendra Modi's 'toffee model' development in Gujarat
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Preview: Former champs lock horns in heavyweight clash
A travel agent, Sachin Jain duped a man in pretext of sending him to Australia and getting citizenship there.
Booked by police from division number 8 is on hunt for arresting him while is missing his office at Fountain Chowk since Saturday evening. He took around Rs 4.13 lakh from the victim.
The complainant Manpreet Singh of Village Bilga of Phillaur complained that accused promised him to send Australia and duped Rs. 4.13 lakh for it. He said, the accused neither sent him abroad nor returned the money nor when he demanded his money back the accused threatened him.
Assistant Sub-inspector (ASI) Jagdip Rai at police station division number 8 said the accused is absconding and the police has been conducting raids for his arrest.