Tread in Style
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul tears into Narendra Modi's 'toffee model' development in Gujarat
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Preview: Former champs lock horns in heavyweight clash
There were 13 goals of the highest quality in the 112th Indian Open Polo Championship final at the Jaipur Polo Grounds on Sunday. But the one that raised the metaphorical roof was scored by industrialist and MP Naveen Jindal, captain and patron of Team Jindal Steel & Power. The quality of this solo effort warmed the hearts of aficionados while the very fact that it was scored by Jindal had his supporters — many of who had come all the way from his constituency Kurukshetra to watch him in action — up on their feet.
Spotted among the spectators were External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh, MP Yashodhara Raje Scindia with son Akshay Bhansali, French Ambassador François Richier, author Mark Tully, artist Jatin Das, model Monikangana Dutta, socialites Ayesha Thapar and Charu Sachdev.