Trichy Sankaran chosen for 'Sangita Kalanidhi' title
- Ghulam Ali's concert in Mumbai cancelled after Shiv Sena's threat
- PM Modi a sensitive person, don't judge him on social media posts: BJP on Dadri lynching
- Why President Mukherjee hit the right notes on core values of 'diversity', 'plurality' and 'tolerance'
- Barack Obama apologises for air strike on Kunduz hospital: White House
- Commercial vehicles entering Delhi to pay environmental tax: NGT
Mridangam maestro Trichy Sankaran has been chosen for the coveted 'Sangita Kalanidhi' title by the Music Academy in Chennai and he would be honoured with it in January one next year.
The Executive Committee of the Academy which met on Sunday has taken a decision to this effect, President of the Academy N Murali said in a press release on Monday.
Sankaran would also chair the 85th Annual Conference of the Academy which would be held from December 15 to January one, 2012, he said.
The Committee also decided to confer 'Sangita Kala Acharya' awards to vocalists Neela Ramgopal and Rama Ravi.
The 'TTK Awards' would be given to Mayavaram Somasundaram (Kanjira) and T R Navaneetham (Flute), the release said, adding these awards would also be presented to them on January one.