Trinamool councillorís son succumbs
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
Son of Trinamool councillor Ranjit Shil on Saturday died in a private hospital in south Kolkata. Abhijeet Shil was injured while making bombs before the college election in the Garden Reach area. Ranjit was in-charge of the college election in the area. It was learnt that Abhijeet suffered 40 per cent burn injury and was admitted to the SSKM hospital. However, in two days, he was shifted to a private hospital in south Kolkata. Ranjit could not be contacted. Meanwhile, the police on Saturday arrested Adbur Rahaman, a close aide of Mokhtar in connection with the Garden Reach incident. This is the fourth arrest made by the CID in the case after the case was handed over to the department from the detective department of Kolkata Police. Rahman has been picked up from Garden Reach area.