Trinamool friend Sabeer Bhatia roped in to help dept communicate with SMSes
- As a public figure, you must learn to face criticism: SC tells Jayalalithaa in defamation case
- Rajnath Singh: Those who believe in Kashmiriyat, Insaniyat & Jamhooriyat welcome for talks
- Rohith Vemula was not a Dalit, says probe panel set up by HRD Ministry
- Scorpene Submarine: Will probe leak, says DCNS; source not from India, says Defence Ministry
- Saradha scam: ED summons Chidambaram's wife Nalini
Sabeer Bhatia, founder of Hotmail service, has agreed to head the Innovation Centre, an organisation that will be set up by the West Bengal government to create strong interaction among the different departments of the government as well as between the government and the citizens of the state.
This was announced by Partha Chatterjee, minister for Commerce and Industries, at the end of a meeting between the minister and Bhatia and Bhaskar Pramanik, the head of Microsoft India, who also came to meet the minister.
The duo later met Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and briefed her about their plans for the state.
"We would like to develop a mechanism between the two governments and the government and the citizens. It will also have JaxtrSMS system which will be very helpful during disasters especially natural disasters. In case of an impending natural disaster like cyclone text messages can be sent to individual citizens,'' Bhatia said.
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways
- Mental Health Bill tries to address complex issues, but it’s a work in progress
- Modi’s recent statements could help end the troubled region’s long international isolation
- Divya Spandana: Pakistan is no hell, I stand by my remarks
- The freedom from unreason
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity