Trinamool MPs assured business protection: Saradha CMD Sudipta Sen
- Elections 2014 Live: TMC workers beat up poll officials in Bengal; Rahul attacks Modi over Adani link
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
Chit fund 'kingpin' names politicians from Bengal, Assam in letter to CBI.
Sudipta Sen, promoter of Saradha Group, has claimed that Trinamool Congress's Rajya Sabha members Kunal Ghosh and Srinjay Bose assured him that his business interests will be protected "as they have a very close connection" with Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. Also read: Rs 4,000 cr at stake, SEBI asks Bengal to probe five more chit fund companies
In an 18-page letter to the CBI, Sen has alleged that a number of politicians from Bengal and Assam took payments from him on various pretexts. Significantly, he has also attached names of several other multi-level marketing companies in the state where some of his associates have joined and he describes as corrupt.
About the two MPs, he claimed that in the past two years he has paid Rs 20 crore, "most of the payment made by cheque or RTGS".
Sen noted that "various times they have taken cash under various causes.. not less than Rs 2 crore per month". The letter alleged that Ghosh had been given a new car with allowances for fuel and a driver's salary.
The letter, signed on each page by Sen, said that he had purchased a television channel, Channel 10, for Rs 24 crore and spent another Rs 50 crore to rebrand it. But Ghosh allegedly made him sign away the same "for a meagre amount of Rs 55 lakh, which can never happen".
On the Banerjee connection, Sen said with the execution of this agreement to finance the newspaper, "they (the MPs) will protect my business from the government ie state and also Central and... they assured me that they have a very close connection with present CM of West Bengal ie Ms Mamata Banerjee".
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi