Trinamool not interested in minority development: Rahman Khan
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Union minister K Rahman Khan today lashed out at the previous Left Front and current Trinamool Congress regimes for being least interested in development of minorities.
"The Sachar committee report, which came out during the Left regime, had stated that the condition of Muslims in Bengal was very bad. It proved that the Left did not do enough for minorities," Khan, the Minorities Affairs minister, told a programme here.
"This Trinamool regime is also not interested in development of minorities," he said.
Accusing the TMC regime of misusing the funds sent by the Union Minority Affairs ministry, he said, "We have provided help and funds needed for the development of minorities in Bengal. We provided funds needed for education of children from the minority community.
"But what are they doing with these funds? They are digging tubewells and making toilets," Khan said.
Rahman also said that several development projects under central government schemes have been propagated in such a manner as to suggest that they were projects of the state government.
Union minister of state Deepa Dasmunsi demanded that state government should come clean on the issue of spending of central funds meant for minority development.
"They should clearly state how much central funds have been received by the state and how much has been used and how much has not been used," Dasmunsi said.
WBPCC chief Pradip Bhattacharjee said that rather than doing development work Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was more involved in self propaganda.
He also took a swipe at Banerjee's recent public outbursts on whipping security personnel for not being able to find her car.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress