Trinamool partner in UPA scams: Karat
- IAF An-32 aircraft missing: Manohar Parrikar undertakes aerial survey of search operations
- Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as running mate
- Judith D'souza, Indian kidnapped in Kabul, rescued: Sushma Swaraj
- Bhagwant Mann interview: 'I just wanted to show system of draw of lots in Zero Hour'
- Toll climbs to 46, Rajnath visits Kashmir valley today
CPM general secretary Prakash Karat, who addressed his first rally in the state for Assembly elections this time, said the change that Trinamool Congress was talking of will bring about a government that will trigger price hike and patronise corruption.
The rally was organised at Akra Road in south Kolkata, in support of CPM candidate Badaruddoja Molla.
There were hardly 2000 people at the rally.
"The Trinamool Congress wants a change and by that they want a government like the one in Delhi which has triggered price hike and indulged in colossal corruption. The Trinamool is part of the Central government and it cannot detach itself from the UPA's scams. The price of petrol was hiked several times but Trinamool says they were never consulted on this. In Kolkata, they will hit the roof on the issue but in Delhi they will remain deaf and dumb,'' Karat said.
He also said the Trinamool cannot shy away from the series of scams that have taken place during the second UPA government.