Trinamool partner in UPA scams: Karat
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Sahara pleads SC to release Subrata Roy to borrow money for refunding investors
- PCâs dig at MoD: Learn from sub accidents, âspend wiselyâ
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
CPM general secretary Prakash Karat, who addressed his first rally in the state for Assembly elections this time, said the change that Trinamool Congress was talking of will bring about a government that will trigger price hike and patronise corruption.
The rally was organised at Akra Road in south Kolkata, in support of CPM candidate Badaruddoja Molla.
There were hardly 2000 people at the rally.
"The Trinamool Congress wants a change and by that they want a government like the one in Delhi which has triggered price hike and indulged in colossal corruption. The Trinamool is part of the Central government and it cannot detach itself from the UPA's scams. The price of petrol was hiked several times but Trinamool says they were never consulted on this. In Kolkata, they will hit the roof on the issue but in Delhi they will remain deaf and dumb,'' Karat said.
He also said the Trinamool cannot shy away from the series of scams that have taken place during the second UPA government.
Karat also said the Trinamool can join hands with anybody to get power. "At one time, TMC joined hands with BJP and was part of the NDA government and now they have joined hands with Maoists. Don't vote for such a political party,'' Karat told the rally.