Trinamool partner in UPA scams: Karat
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
CPM general secretary Prakash Karat, who addressed his first rally in the state for Assembly elections this time, said the change that Trinamool Congress was talking of will bring about a government that will trigger price hike and patronise corruption.
The rally was organised at Akra Road in south Kolkata, in support of CPM candidate Badaruddoja Molla.
There were hardly 2000 people at the rally.
"The Trinamool Congress wants a change and by that they want a government like the one in Delhi which has triggered price hike and indulged in colossal corruption. The Trinamool is part of the Central government and it cannot detach itself from the UPA's scams. The price of petrol was hiked several times but Trinamool says they were never consulted on this. In Kolkata, they will hit the roof on the issue but in Delhi they will remain deaf and dumb,'' Karat said.
He also said the Trinamool cannot shy away from the series of scams that have taken place during the second UPA government.
Karat also said the Trinamool can join hands with anybody to get power. "At one time, TMC joined hands with BJP and was part of the NDA government and now they have joined hands with Maoists. Don't vote for such a political party,'' Karat told the rally.
- Fencing of Shakti Mills complete, PWD tells HC
- Muslim bodies urge voters to defeat ‘non-secular forces’
- Gandhis looted the nation: Modi
- Meagre pay, stress fuelling aggression in drivers: Gurgaon transport official
- North corpn orders probe against senior official after complaint by colleague
- Malfunctioning traffic light not repaired despite complaints