Trio booked for assaulting bus driver, conductor
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- Donât show exit polls disguised as opinion polls, says poll panel
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
Three unidentified men were booked on Monday for allegedly assaulting the bus driver and conductor of a private bus that belongs to the Orbit transport company, in which, Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal is among the majority stakeholders.
The road rage incident reportedly occurred after three men in a Safari vehicle parked their car in front of the bus as they were not allowed to overtake. Police said they then pulled conductor Gurjeet Singh and driver Surjeet Singh out of the bus and assaulted them. The incident, which went on for more than 20 minutes, disrupted the traffic on the road. The three youth allegedly also broke some of the window panes on the bus and fled after leaving their car on the road, which has a Chandigarh number. Passengers, travelling in the bus, were later shifted to other buses so as to reach the destination.
Lecture on traffic rules held
S D P College for Women organised an extension lecture-cum-workshop on Traffic Rules and Signals at the college premises on Monday. Sukhdev Singh from Traffic Education Cell, Department of Traffic Training , Ludhiana was the resource person. All employees of the college and students attended the lecture.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18