TRS to continue its struggle for Telangana: Chandrasekhar Rao
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
Telangana Rashtra Samiti will continue the struggle for separate statehood until it achieves its goal, party president K Chandrasekhar Rao said here today.
Rao, who has been silent on the Telangana issue for long, said that the TRS would announce its future course of action early next month.
"If they give us Telangana, we will celebrate. Otherwise, we will continue our fight," he told reporters.
He was speaking after inviting senior Telugu Desam Party (TDP) leader K Hareeswar Reddy, who quit the party for its alleged anti-Telangana stance, to join the TRS.
Accepting Chandrasekhar Rao's invitation, Reddy said there is a need to work under TRS leadership to achieve separate Telangana.
Rao maintained that more leaders from other parties, including some MPs, are ready to join TRS in the days to come.
The TDP and the YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) of Kadapa MP Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy are essentially non-Telangana parties and they are bound to be rejected by the people of Telangana, he said.
His remarks came against the backdrop of the ongoing 'padayatra' of TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu in Telangana and the decision of some Telangana leaders to join YSRCP.
The TRS president had held talks with some AICC leaders like Vayalar Ravi during the last couple of months in Delhi and also expressed confidence that a separate Telangana state would be a reality soon.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer