TRS to suspend Medak MP Vijayashanti for anti-party activities
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Telangana Rashtriya Samiti (TRS) has today decided to suspend its MP from Medak, M Vijayashanti for indulging in anti-party activities.
TRS President K Chandrashekhar Rao has taken a decision to this effect as an unanimous opinion expressed by the party politburo, TRS sources said.
The party has alleged that Vijayashanti had resorted to anti-party activities earlier too, but it has taken the decision to suspend her now.
Party sources added that a show cause notice would be served on her before the suspension asking her why she should not be suspended.
Vijayashanti, a popular south Indian actress represents Medak in the Lok Sabha, while K Chandrashekhar Rao being the other party MP from Mahaboobnagar.
The TRS has been having an uneasy relation with Vijayasahnti for long in the wake of reports that she may not be fielded from Medak in 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi
- Not too late to reverse an ugliness spreading in the name of our sacred cows
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first