TRS to suspend Medak MP Vijayashanti for anti-party activities
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
Telangana Rashtriya Samiti (TRS) has today decided to suspend its MP from Medak, M Vijayashanti for indulging in anti-party activities.
TRS President K Chandrashekhar Rao has taken a decision to this effect as an unanimous opinion expressed by the party politburo, TRS sources said.
The party has alleged that Vijayashanti had resorted to anti-party activities earlier too, but it has taken the decision to suspend her now.
Party sources added that a show cause notice would be served on her before the suspension asking her why she should not be suspended.
Vijayashanti, a popular south Indian actress represents Medak in the Lok Sabha, while K Chandrashekhar Rao being the other party MP from Mahaboobnagar.
The TRS has been having an uneasy relation with Vijayasahnti for long in the wake of reports that she may not be fielded from Medak in 2014 Lok Sabha elections.