Truth being violently suppressed in Tibet: Dalai Lama
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama has said truth was being "violently suppressed" inside Tibet and nothing can be done about it.
"Truth is being violently suppressed inside Tibet right now...Truth is losing to might and power but there is nothing much we can do," he said at a gathering of Tibetans on the concluding day of the five-day Monlam Chenmo (great prayer festival) in Dharamsala yesterday.
"Although violence and oppression may appear powerful and decisive but it is only temporary. Violence can never bring a lasting and long term resolution to any problem... Truth cannot be destroyed," the Dalai Lama said.