Truth being violently suppressed in Tibet: Dalai Lama
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama has said truth was being "violently suppressed" inside Tibet and nothing can be done about it.
"Truth is being violently suppressed inside Tibet right now...Truth is losing to might and power but there is nothing much we can do," he said at a gathering of Tibetans on the concluding day of the five-day Monlam Chenmo (great prayer festival) in Dharamsala yesterday.
"Although violence and oppression may appear powerful and decisive but it is only temporary. Violence can never bring a lasting and long term resolution to any problem... Truth cannot be destroyed," the Dalai Lama said.
Earlier on Wednesday, the Dalai Lama's followers organised a special prayer meet to pray for the longevity of the Tibetan spiritual leader in Dharamsala.