Truth being violently suppressed in Tibet: Dalai Lama
- Somnath Bharti surrenders before police, says was not evading arrest
- Strong evidence of flowing salt water on Mars: Study
- Obama at UNGA, asks world to unite in fight against terrorism
- Congress insulting Modi's devotion to his mother is pathetic: BJP
- No evidence against ex-PM Manmohan Singh in coal scam case: CBI to court
Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama has said truth was being "violently suppressed" inside Tibet and nothing can be done about it.
"Truth is being violently suppressed inside Tibet right now...Truth is losing to might and power but there is nothing much we can do," he said at a gathering of Tibetans on the concluding day of the five-day Monlam Chenmo (great prayer festival) in Dharamsala yesterday.
"Although violence and oppression may appear powerful and decisive but it is only temporary. Violence can never bring a lasting and long term resolution to any problem... Truth cannot be destroyed," the Dalai Lama said.