Tuition teacher burns 7-year-old student using hot tongs for wetting trousers
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
A woman teacher was arrested for burning a nursery student using hot tongs for wetting his trousers while he was taking tuition at her residence here, police said on Saturday.
The parents of the 7-year old boy reported the matter to Nazirabad Police station here yesterday, and a case under section 307 (Attempt to murder) of IPC has been registered against the tuition teacher and her mother, following which they were arrested.
Police spokesperson said the 7-year old boy, a nursery student used to go for tuition classes in Ashok Nagar area.
According to an FIR, yesterday during the tuition class, the child wet his trousers on the bed, angered over the incident, the tuition teacher held the child with force while her mother burnt the child using hot tongs.
The child suffered burns on his face, stomach, limbs and some other vital parts, police said.
The child was first admitted to a private hospital for medical treatment. But for medical examination he was sent to a government hospital where 17 burn marks were discovered on his body during the investigations.
The accused is a private school teacher while her mother is class four employee in a state government agency, police said.