Tuition teacher burns 7-year-old student using hot tongs for wetting trousers
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
A woman teacher was arrested for burning a nursery student using hot tongs for wetting his trousers while he was taking tuition at her residence here, police said on Saturday.
The parents of the 7-year old boy reported the matter to Nazirabad Police station here yesterday, and a case under section 307 (Attempt to murder) of IPC has been registered against the tuition teacher and her mother, following which they were arrested.
Police spokesperson said the 7-year old boy, a nursery student used to go for tuition classes in Ashok Nagar area.
According to an FIR, yesterday during the tuition class, the child wet his trousers on the bed, angered over the incident, the tuition teacher held the child with force while her mother burnt the child using hot tongs.
The child suffered burns on his face, stomach, limbs and some other vital parts, police said.
The child was first admitted to a private hospital for medical treatment. But for medical examination he was sent to a government hospital where 17 burn marks were discovered on his body during the investigations.