Turkey accuses Israel of 'ethnic cleansing' in Gaza
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
Erdogan emerged as a staunch advocate of the Palestinian cause in January 2009, when he stormed out of a panel discussion on Israel's blockade of the impoverished Gaza Strip at the World Economic Forum in Davos.
Ties between Turkey and Israel were further strained after Israeli commandos raided a Gaza-bound Turkish aid flotilla in the Mediterranean in May 2010, killing nine Turks on board.