Turkish vessel hits fishing boat in Kannur, 3 injured
- SC quashes decision to include Jats in OBC category, rules caste can't be sole ground
- Day after results, Omar, Amit Shah and Ram Madhav met to explore J&K tie-up
- Neither Sonia nor Rahul ever filled such forms: Congress
- Nun gangrape case: 10 detained, Centre seeks report from WB govt
- To push land law forward, govt set to pause House
A suspected Turkish vessel hit a fishing boat about 22 miles off Ezhimala in Kannur, injuring three fishermen, Coast Guard sources said today.
The ship, MOT Lady Farhan, which was coming from the Eastern port, was heading to Karwar in Karnataka.
There were eight fishing crew on board the boat 'Sania' and they are being brought to Munambam near here, Coast Guard sources said.
The boat has suffered some damage, but it is sailing on its own.
The collision occurred yesterday around 5.30 pm.
The incident came to light after the fishermen reached the mobile range from where they could inform authorities, the sources said.
"We are approaching MMD (Mercantile Marine Department) Karwar to investigate the matter," the sources said.
Coast Guard here was informed by fisheries authorities.
The collision comes hardly a month after a Panamanian-flagged Japanese vessel M V Izumo rammed into a fishing boat off Beypore in Kozhikode.