Turmeric, jeera decline on subdued demand
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Turmeric and jeera prices fell by Rs 100 per quintal in the national capital today on subdued domestic and export demand amid adequate stocks.
Turmeric prices declined by Rs 100 to conclude at Rs 6,600-9,800 per quintal.
Jeera common and best quality also fell by Rs 100 each to conclude at Rs 14,700-14,900 and Rs 17,400-17,800 per quintal, respectively.
Marketmen said subdued domestic and export demand against increased arrivals from producing regions mainly put pressure on turmeric and jeera prices in the wholesale kirana market here.
The following are today's quotations: Ajwain 10,000-15,000, black pepper (per kg) 440-570, betelnut (kg) 160-195, cardamom brown-Jhundiwali (kg) 800-900, and cardamom brown-Kanchicut (kg) 900-1,000.
Cardamom small (kg): Chitridar 720-820, cardamom (colour robin) 720-870, cardamom bold 720-770, cardamom extra (bold) 900-1,020 and cloves (kg) 635-720.