Turn vegetarian, says Poorna Jagannathan
- Elections 2014 Live: TMC workers beat up poll officials in Bengal; Rahul attacks Modi over Adani link
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
"Delhi Belly" star Poorna Jagannathan is the latest Bollywood celebrity to join hands with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
The 38-year-old actress, who is a vegetarian, will feature in an advertisement which will show the benefits of eating only vegetables.
"I believe in conscious and kinder eating - - I don't want to eat anything that had to brutally suffer to end up on my plate.
"Besides, a vegetarian diet equals a healthier diet: we're less at risk for obesity, cancer, high blood pressure and many more life-threatening diseases," she said.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi