Turn vegetarian, says Poorna Jagannathan
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
"Delhi Belly" star Poorna Jagannathan is the latest Bollywood celebrity to join hands with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
The 38-year-old actress, who is a vegetarian, will feature in an advertisement which will show the benefits of eating only vegetables.
"I believe in conscious and kinder eating - - I don't want to eat anything that had to brutally suffer to end up on my plate.
"Besides, a vegetarian diet equals a healthier diet: we're less at risk for obesity, cancer, high blood pressure and many more life-threatening diseases," she said.
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully
- India’s dependence on China for medicine ingredients is a matter of concern
- Before Balochistan, India has supported some human rights causes and ignored others
- Olympics brought many smiles — and a little bit of rancour
- Harish Gupta case involves questions about the very nature of governmental decision-making
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways