Turn vegetarian, says Poorna Jagannathan
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
"Delhi Belly" star Poorna Jagannathan is the latest Bollywood celebrity to join hands with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
The 38-year-old actress, who is a vegetarian, will feature in an advertisement which will show the benefits of eating only vegetables.
"I believe in conscious and kinder eating - - I don't want to eat anything that had to brutally suffer to end up on my plate.
"Besides, a vegetarian diet equals a healthier diet: we're less at risk for obesity, cancer, high blood pressure and many more life-threatening diseases," she said.