Turn vegetarian, says Poorna Jagannathan
- Govt signs peace accord with NSCN(IM), PM Modi calls it 'historic'
- BJP takes U-turn on land bill, agrees to bring back UPA's key provisions
- Crisis deepens: Speaker suspends 25 Cong MPs, Sonia digs in heels
- India to take up Gurdaspur terror attack in NSA-level talks with Pakistan
- JBT scam: Supreme Court upholds jail term of Om Prakash Chautala, his son
"Delhi Belly" star Poorna Jagannathan is the latest Bollywood celebrity to join hands with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
The 38-year-old actress, who is a vegetarian, will feature in an advertisement which will show the benefits of eating only vegetables.
"I believe in conscious and kinder eating - - I don't want to eat anything that had to brutally suffer to end up on my plate.
"Besides, a vegetarian diet equals a healthier diet: we're less at risk for obesity, cancer, high blood pressure and many more life-threatening diseases," she said.