Turn vegetarian, says Poorna Jagannathan
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
"Delhi Belly" star Poorna Jagannathan is the latest Bollywood celebrity to join hands with People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
The 38-year-old actress, who is a vegetarian, will feature in an advertisement which will show the benefits of eating only vegetables.
"I believe in conscious and kinder eating - - I don't want to eat anything that had to brutally suffer to end up on my plate.
"Besides, a vegetarian diet equals a healthier diet: we're less at risk for obesity, cancer, high blood pressure and many more life-threatening diseases," she said.