TV actor, son of IAS officer held for allegedly sending his nude pix to woman
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
A 38-year-old television actor was today arrested for allegedly sending his nude photographs to a housewife in suburban Andheri, police said.
Sanil Sodhi was held in the wee hours after he sent multiple vulgar pictures of himself through his Blackberry messenger to the woman who approached the police last evening and complained against him, they said.
The accused's father is a retired Indian Administrative Officer (IAS) of Madhya Pradesh cadre. Sodhi and the woman had met at a prayer meeting about four months ago, said Sharad Borse, senior inspector of Versova police station.
"We have booked Sodhi under section 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of the IPC and Section 67 of the Information Technology Act," the officer said.
Sodhi has been part of television series like 'Rishte' (on Zee TV), 'Hum' (on DD1), 'Pintoo' and was also spotted in Bollywood movie 'Hu Tu Tu' (starring Tabu and Suniel Shetty) and 'Hazaar Chaurasi Ki Ma' (featuring Jaya Bachchan, Anupam Kher and Seema Biswas).
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today