TV actor, son of IAS officer held for allegedly sending his nude pix to woman
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
A 38-year-old television actor was today arrested for allegedly sending his nude photographs to a housewife in suburban Andheri, police said.
Sanil Sodhi was held in the wee hours after he sent multiple vulgar pictures of himself through his Blackberry messenger to the woman who approached the police last evening and complained against him, they said.
The accused's father is a retired Indian Administrative Officer (IAS) of Madhya Pradesh cadre. Sodhi and the woman had met at a prayer meeting about four months ago, said Sharad Borse, senior inspector of Versova police station.
"We have booked Sodhi under section 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of the IPC and Section 67 of the Information Technology Act," the officer said.
Sodhi has been part of television series like 'Rishte' (on Zee TV), 'Hum' (on DD1), 'Pintoo' and was also spotted in Bollywood movie 'Hu Tu Tu' (starring Tabu and Suniel Shetty) and 'Hazaar Chaurasi Ki Ma' (featuring Jaya Bachchan, Anupam Kher and Seema Biswas).