TV actor, son of IAS officer held for allegedly sending his nude pix to woman
- India, Bangladesh seal historic Land Boundary Agreement
- Mumbai: 7 dead, 25 injured as fire breaks out at Lake Lucerne building in Chandivali
- A-lister Rahul Dravid gets a double role
- Najeeb Jung slams Kejriwal, says 'May god forgive him for he knows not what he says"
- Manipur ambush: PM Modi’s task force wants Army out of counter-insurgency duties in NE
A 38-year-old television actor was today arrested for allegedly sending his nude photographs to a housewife in suburban Andheri, police said.
Sanil Sodhi was held in the wee hours after he sent multiple vulgar pictures of himself through his Blackberry messenger to the woman who approached the police last evening and complained against him, they said.
The accused's father is a retired Indian Administrative Officer (IAS) of Madhya Pradesh cadre. Sodhi and the woman had met at a prayer meeting about four months ago, said Sharad Borse, senior inspector of Versova police station.
"We have booked Sodhi under section 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of the IPC and Section 67 of the Information Technology Act," the officer said.
Sodhi has been part of television series like 'Rishte' (on Zee TV), 'Hum' (on DD1), 'Pintoo' and was also spotted in Bollywood movie 'Hu Tu Tu' (starring Tabu and Suniel Shetty) and 'Hazaar Chaurasi Ki Ma' (featuring Jaya Bachchan, Anupam Kher and Seema Biswas).