TV actor Sushant Singh Rajput bags a Yash Raj film
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over hate speech
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
Popular TV actor Sushant Singh Rajput, who shot to fame with serial 'Pavitra Rishta', has bagged a movie to be made under the Yash Raj Films banner.
Earlier, actor Shahid Kapoor was to feature in this YRF's untitled film that is to be directed by Maneesh Sharma of 'Band Baaja Baarat' and 'Ladies vs Ricky Behl' fame.
However, the shooting schedule of the film got pushed after the director fell ill and Shahid had to opt out of the project due to some other work-related commitments.
As Shahid could not re-adjust the dates for the revised schedule of the film, the makers launched a hunt for a suitable hero and finally zeroed in on Sushant.
When asked if Sushant has been finalised as the leading hero for the film, a YRF spokesperson said, "Yes, he has been finalised."
Sushant will be seen opposite Parineeti Chopra in this film to be produced by Aditya Chopra. The film reportedly has two actresses and the other one will be a fresh face.
Sushant will be making his Bollywood debut with 'Rock On' fame director Abhishek Kapoor's upcoming film 'Kai Po Che' and Raj Kumar Hirani's 'PK'.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit