TV actress alleges rape, production firm staffer held
- BJP defends Narendra Modi's aide Amit Shah's 'badla' remark, says he 'captured the mood of the nation'
- AAP attacks BJP on Babri sting, says it owes on explanation
- MH370 fallout: AirAsia withdraws inflight magazine after it said our well-trained pilots would 'never lose a plane'
- After NYPD cop arrest at IGI, US tells India to get past tensions and move on
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP playing divisive politics ahead of polls, alleges Congress
A production company executive was arrested on Friday for allegedly raping an actress last month. The actress alleged she was threatened by the accused not to approach police.
Powai police said the accused, Mukesh Mishra (30), allegedly entered a make-up room where the 28-year-old actress was getting ready and forced himself on her.
"The victim was threatened by the accused and did not file a complaint immediately. We arrested the accused after we got the complaint. He has been remanded in police custody till February 2," said senior inspector Bajirao Bhosale.
Police said the victim is married and has a daughter. In her complaint, she said the incident occurred on December 2 at a studio belonging to the production house in Powai and that she told her husband about it a few days later.
Police have also spoken to officials of the production company. They have told the police that they received a complaint from the victim's husband, after which Mishra was sacked.
"We have subjected both the victim and the accused to medical tests and are questioning the accused futher," Bhosale added.
Man held for stealing valuables at weddings
Oshiwara police have arrested a 28-year-old man for robbing guests at several weddings.
The accused was caught on CCTV talking to guests at a marriage hall. He confessed to stealing valuables worth lakhs at over 30 weddings.
Police said Dharamvir alias Vishal Kashyap would steal and flee after food. Kashyap was arrested from Kharwa Chawl, SV Road in Andheri (W), and has been remanded in police custody.
Assistant inspector Ravindra Patil said in December last year, he stole from Celebration marriage hall in Oshiwara. Relatives of bride and groom decided to check CCTV footage, which showed Kashyap roaming the marriage hall. Both sides confirmed he was not a guest.
- Besides Article 370, Ayodhya, VHP demands jobs for Hindu youths
- Congress's agenda is to establish Rahul at the “cost of nation”: Modi
- Mehbooba Mufti, 13 others file nominations in Anantnag
- Passenger tries to end life inside plane at Hyderabad airport
- Ramdev defends Shah's 'badla' remarks
- Nation can't be ruled by event manager: Congress on Advani's Modi remarks