TV actress alleges rape, production firm staffer held
- CBI arrests Peter Mukerjea, says he was aware of Sheena Bora murder
- Pay panel suggests 23.55% hike, minimum pay of Rs 18,000 per month
- Paris attacks 'mastermind' Abdelhamid Abaaoud died in Saint-Denis raid
- HS Phoolka releases video of Rajiv Gandhi's speech justifying 1984 riots
- Rahul accuses PM, dares govt to take action on citizenship row
A production company executive was arrested on Friday for allegedly raping an actress last month. The actress alleged she was threatened by the accused not to approach police.
Powai police said the accused, Mukesh Mishra (30), allegedly entered a make-up room where the 28-year-old actress was getting ready and forced himself on her.
"The victim was threatened by the accused and did not file a complaint immediately. We arrested the accused after we got the complaint. He has been remanded in police custody till February 2," said senior inspector Bajirao Bhosale.
Police said the victim is married and has a daughter. In her complaint, she said the incident occurred on December 2 at a studio belonging to the production house in Powai and that she told her husband about it a few days later.
Police have also spoken to officials of the production company. They have told the police that they received a complaint from the victim's husband, after which Mishra was sacked.
"We have subjected both the victim and the accused to medical tests and are questioning the accused futher," Bhosale added.
Man held for stealing valuables at weddings
Oshiwara police have arrested a 28-year-old man for robbing guests at several weddings.
The accused was caught on CCTV talking to guests at a marriage hall. He confessed to stealing valuables worth lakhs at over 30 weddings.
Police said Dharamvir alias Vishal Kashyap would steal and flee after food. Kashyap was arrested from Kharwa Chawl, SV Road in Andheri (W), and has been remanded in police custody.
Assistant inspector Ravindra Patil said in December last year, he stole from Celebration marriage hall in Oshiwara. Relatives of bride and groom decided to check CCTV footage, which showed Kashyap roaming the marriage hall. Both sides confirmed he was not a guest.
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say
- Results of local elections indicate that the BSP is regaining ground in UP
- The idea of Bihar: Social justice cohesion should be consolidated further
- Why the British commemorate Tipu Sultan
- Why my newspaper responded to Assam Rifles notice
- India is indebted to Shanti Bhushan for undoing Indira Gandhi’s 42nd Amendment