TV body sacks Zee’s Chaudhary over Jindal allegations
- Rohtak rally: Ambani, Modi, Rahul, media â all are corrupt, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Army said unit was headed for IAF drill, ex-Air Chief says this was due only a month later
The body of Indian news TV editors Thursday evening stripped Zee News editor and business head Sudhir Chaudhary of the primary membership of the body and the post of its treasurer.
The Broadcast Editors' Association (BEA) had set up a three-member committee to investigate the allegations of extortion, intimidation and defamation made by Jindal Steel and Power Ltd (JSPL) against Zee News Ltd. The panel, which was constituted on October 10, met representatives of JSPL chairman and Congress MP Naveen Jindal over the last few days, and reviewed the alleged evidence presented by JSPL in support of its complaint to the police.
The panel also heard and viewed audios and videos of conversations between JSPL representatives and Chaudhary and his colleague, Zee Business editor and business head Samir Ahluwalia.
The committee submitted its report on October 16, and BEA members took the decision to remove Chaudhary after a secret ballot on Thursday.
"...Mr Sudhir Chaudhary is found to have acted in a manner that is unbecoming of an editor and in a fashion that is prejudicial to the interest and objects of the BEA", the association said in a statement.
Chaudhary denied all charges. In a letter to BEA president Shazi Zaman, he imputed ulterior motives to some members of the committee.
- ‘Irrespective of the noise, BJP won’t get so many seats. There is craze for Modi, but how much translates into votes is difficult to say’
- Hindus should 'produce' at least 5 children, says VHP leader Ashok Singhal
- AMU teachers body to boycott Mulayam visit
- Mulayam, Akhilesh woo Brahmins, Muslims
- ‘Sting’ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
- Don’t discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit writes to Shinde