Mathrubhumi launches TV news channel
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Mathrubhumi, one of country's leading media houses, today launched its 24X7 television news channel in Malayalam.
Offering the viewers a "different visual culture" without compromising on basic values, Mathrubhumi News started its telecast today.
On the occasion were present Mathrubhumi Managing Director M P Veerendrakumar, Managing Editor P V Chandran, besides M V Shreyams Kumar, MLA and director (Marketing and Electronic), P V Nidheesh and other directors of the company.
"We are glad to dedicate the channel to the enlightened Kerala society. While Mathrubhumi has always brought in the latest technology and diversified into new areas like FM radio and online, it has also taken utmost care and commitment to uphold its basic values of truth, freedom and equality," Veerendrakumar said.
"Visual medium has become an inevitable part of the life of people. Mathrubhumi's aim is to utilise the potential of the medium in a constructive manner," Mathrubhumi daily, the flagship of the media house, said in its front-page editorial.
Apart from hourly bulletins covering international, national and state level developments, the channel would beam a variety of current affairs programmes including those focusing on business and sports.
The channel would also provide special features for women, children and youth.
- School kids ‘adopt’ spotted deer at Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- Jain trust gets HC caveat to ordain minor as sadhu
- Time to help Zaheer make the decision: Prasad
- BMC in a ‘tearing’ hurry as poll code kicks in
- Two men shot at in Tilak Nagar, different versions puzzle police
- Shami makes most of lively wicket
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express