TVS Motor Company targets growth with Phoenix 125
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy says he is not absconding; says ready to "unconditionally" obey Supreme Court direction
- In countdown to polls, UPA govt pushes for dozen cabinet proposals to beat moral code of conduct
- BJP gets its first new ally as Paswan returns to NDA fold
- Donât run from big retail chains, face them, Modi tells traders
- Lokpal selection process wonât yield best candidate, says Fali, declines role
TVS Motor Company today re-entered premium segment with the launch of Phoenix 125 motorcycle in Chandigarh and Punjab today.
Arun Siddharth, General Manager, Marketing and Head of Motorcycles, TVS Motor Company told media persons at the launch of new model that the company has planned a series of new product launches in 2012-13, along with upgrades of existing products. It has already launched the 2012 edition of the Apache Series RTR, the new executive segment motorcycle has been launched today. He said that "TVS was missing executive motorcycle which fell in the intermediary category which was neither in the top bracket nor at the bottom". He said that while the industry is expected to grow at around 10% in 2012-13, with these launches, the company expects to grow ahead of the industry this year.
Siddharth said that TVS Motor Company has 13 dealers in Punjab and one in Chandigarh and has great hopes from this market. Chandigarh stands at third slot in per capita income and Punjab is known for its spending prowess and these two factors ensured robust sales for the executive model launched today. He described the new model as one of the most feature-filled products to roll off its lines, TVS Phoenix 125 is targeted at consumers who aspire to upgrade as it is loaded with premium features; and backed by an all new, highly refined 125cc EcoThrust engine, that provides excellent pickup with best in class fuel efficiency. " This launch will increase our market share in the segment. We are now present in the economy, executive and premium segments of the motorcycle market. TVS Phoenix 125 is equipped with novel features that are usually seen in cars such as a fully digital speedometer, backlit in premium amber; a digital fuel gauge, a low battery reminder, a trip meter, service reminder, soft texture grips and soft touch switchgear". It promises mileage of 67 kms a litre and is priced Rs 51,000 ex-showroom.
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past
- Autorickshaws in Bangalore to get GPS makeover