TVS Motor sales down 8.18% in March
- Not RSSâs job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits: Bhagwat
- Malaysia Airlines flight case: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Two and three wheeler maker TVS Motor Company has reported a 8.18 per cent decline in sales in March to 1,67,583 units as against 1,82,527 units in the same month last year.
The city-based company witnessed a fall in two-wheeler sales to 1,62,507 units from 1,80,274 units in March, 2012, TVS Motor said in a statement.
Sales of two-wheelers in the domestic market also decreased to 1,43,239 units in March 2013 as against 1,60,736 units sold in March 2012, it said.
The company sold 61,808 units in March 2013 as against 65,994 units in the same month of last year.
Scooter sales were down to 29,261 units in March 2013 from 39,395 units sold in same month of previous year.
On the exports front, the company witnessed a 12.8 per cent increase in March 2013 selling 23,342 units as against 20,690 units in March 2012, the company said.
However, the company's two-wheeler exports dipped to 19,268 last month as against 19,538 units in March 2012.
Its three-wheeler sales registered an over two-fold jump to 5,076 units during the month from 2,253 units in the corresponding month of 2012, the statement added.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress