TVS Motor sales down 8.18% in March
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Two and three wheeler maker TVS Motor Company has reported a 8.18 per cent decline in sales in March to 1,67,583 units as against 1,82,527 units in the same month last year.
The city-based company witnessed a fall in two-wheeler sales to 1,62,507 units from 1,80,274 units in March, 2012, TVS Motor said in a statement.
Sales of two-wheelers in the domestic market also decreased to 1,43,239 units in March 2013 as against 1,60,736 units sold in March 2012, it said.
The company sold 61,808 units in March 2013 as against 65,994 units in the same month of last year.
Scooter sales were down to 29,261 units in March 2013 from 39,395 units sold in same month of previous year.
On the exports front, the company witnessed a 12.8 per cent increase in March 2013 selling 23,342 units as against 20,690 units in March 2012, the company said.
However, the company's two-wheeler exports dipped to 19,268 last month as against 19,538 units in March 2012.
Its three-wheeler sales registered an over two-fold jump to 5,076 units during the month from 2,253 units in the corresponding month of 2012, the statement added.