TVS Motor sales fall 6.4% in April
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal to file nomination from Varanasi tomorrow; Cong slams Modi for levelling 'cheap' allegations against Gandhi family
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
Two and three wheeler manufacturer TVS Motor Company registered 6.44 per cent decline on its sales in April at 1,60,502 units.
The city-based company had sold 1,71,551 units in the same month of previous year, a company statement said.
Sales in the domestic market also declined by 5.54 per cent to 1,42,794 units in April 2013 as against 1,51,181 units sold in the same month of last year.
On sales of motorcycles, the company had sold 67,849 units in April 2013 as against 67,966 units sold in same month of last year. Sales of scooters slipped to 29,692 units in April 2013 from 35,833 units sold in the same month of previous year.
The company on its overseas markets, had sold 21,714 units in April 2013 as against 22,272 units in April 2012. Two-wheeler exports registered in April 2013 at 17,708 units as against 20,370 units in April 2012,it said.
However, the company witnessed a 62 per cent growth on its sales of three-wheelers to 4,713 units in April 2013 from 2,904 units sold in the same month of previous year, the release added.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready