TVS Motor sales fall 6.4% in April
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark, says it is a sign of 'weakness'
- I skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
Two and three wheeler manufacturer TVS Motor Company registered 6.44 per cent decline on its sales in April at 1,60,502 units.
The city-based company had sold 1,71,551 units in the same month of previous year, a company statement said.
Sales in the domestic market also declined by 5.54 per cent to 1,42,794 units in April 2013 as against 1,51,181 units sold in the same month of last year.
On sales of motorcycles, the company had sold 67,849 units in April 2013 as against 67,966 units sold in same month of last year. Sales of scooters slipped to 29,692 units in April 2013 from 35,833 units sold in the same month of previous year.
The company on its overseas markets, had sold 21,714 units in April 2013 as against 22,272 units in April 2012. Two-wheeler exports registered in April 2013 at 17,708 units as against 20,370 units in April 2012,it said.
However, the company witnessed a 62 per cent growth on its sales of three-wheelers to 4,713 units in April 2013 from 2,904 units sold in the same month of previous year, the release added.