TVS Motor sales marginally up by 1.39% in January
- Ghulam Ali's concert in Mumbai cancelled after Shiv Sena's threat
- PM Modi a sensitive person, don't judge him on social media posts: BJP on Dadri lynching
- Why President Mukherjee hit the right notes on core values of 'diversity', 'plurality' and 'tolerance'
- Barack Obama apologises for air strike on Kunduz hospital: White House
- Commercial vehicles entering Delhi to pay environmental tax: NGT
Two-wheeler maker TVS Motor Company today reported marginal rise in its sales to 175,931 units in January 2013.
The Chennai-based company had sold 173,514 units in the same month of 2012.
Total two-wheeler sales of the company stood at 171,513 units for January 2013 from 171,112 units in the year-ago period, the company said in a statement.
Domestic sales of the company increased marginally for the month of January 2013 to 154,107 units from 153,104 units in the corresponding period last year.
The company's scooter sales went down to 37,946 units in January 2013 against 41,469 units in the same period a year ago, while motorcycle sales also dipped to 64,555 units in January 2013 against 65,608 units in January 2012.
The company's total exports grew by 11 per cent to 20,723 units in January 2013 from 18,610 units in the same month last year, it added.
Two-wheeler exports reported for the month of January, 2013 declined to 17,406 units from 18,008 units in January, 2012, the statement said.
However the company witnessed a substantial increase in the three wheeler segment with sales of 4,418 units in January 2013 from 2,402 units in the same period last year registering a growth of 84 per cent, it added.