TVS Motor total sales up 2 per cent in December
- BJP nominee to Modi critics: You will soon be in Pak, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, Minister says letâs call off trip
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Lok sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- On Rahul campaign, Sonia tells Amethi: âLike Indira, I gave my son to youâ
Chennai-based TVS Motor Co today reported 2 per cent increase in total sales in December 2013 at 1,59,459 units as against 1,56,221 units in the same month previous year.
The company said its total two-wheeler sales increased marginally by one per cent at 1,53,358 units in the month from 1,51,735 units in the year ago period.
Domestic two-wheeler sales were down by 1.41 per cent at 1,32,664 units against 1,34,566 units in December 2012, TVS Motor Co said in a statement.
Motorcycles sales were also down by 4.37 per cent to 57,576 units in December 2013 from 60,210 units in the same month previous year, while scooters registered a growth of 37.56 per cent to 41,817 units as against 30,398 units in the same month in 2012, it added.
Total exports during the month grew 27.38 per cent at 25,797 units in December 2013 as compared to 20,251 units in the corresponding period previous year.
Two-wheeler exports by also grew by 20.53 per cent to 20,694 units in December 2013 year as against 17,169 units in the same month previous year.
In the three-wheeler segment, the company said total sales grew by 36.8 per cent to 6,137 units in December 2013 from 4,486 units in the corresponding month previous year.