Twin delight for Tuba in carrom
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7: It's that man Glenn Maxwell again
It was a day of twin delight for Tuba as she claimed titles in the girls junior and sub-junior category on the second day 14th Raj Kumar Babuta Memorial Prize Money carrom tournament being played at St Stephen's School, Sector 45. In the girls' junior final, Tuba scored a 21-5, 21-0 win over Government High School, Sector 46 while in the sub-junior final, Tuba recorded a 21-4, 21-6 win over Manu Gupta of St Mary School.
In the boys' sub-junior category, Yishu Sharma of Moti Ram Arya School claimed the title with a 15-0, 11-7 win over Nimitanshu of DAV Public School, Sector-8. Yishu claimed the first game with a 15-0 margin before he claimed the second game with a 11-7 margin to claim the title. Earlier in the semi-finals, Yishu scored a 7-4, 21-3 win over Chirag while Nimitanshu scored a 10-0, 10-0 win over Rishu Sharma to sail into the finals.
In the boys' singles category, Mohammed Hassan registered a 21-8, 18-4 win over Aayush Kumar to advance into the semi-finals while Arish Hussain ended the challenge of Mohammed Aarib with a 21-7, 21-5 win. In another quarter-final encounter, Mohammed Talib scored a 16-15, 14-8 win over Yishu Sharma while Saquib Hussain ended the challenge of Tasavar Ali with a 16-14, 28-1 win to advance into the semis.
In the men's pre-quarter-finals, Mazhar Khan scored a 25-8, 25-0 win over Preet Kamal while Talib ended the challenge of Sidharth Khanna with a 25-0, 25-0 win. In another match, Saquib scored a 25-13, 21-5 win over Kuldipak Dhir to sail into the quarters.
Results: Boys : Sub-junior : Singles : Finals : Yishu Sharma bt Nimitanshu 15-0, 11-7 ; Semi-Finals :Nimitanshu bt Rishu Sharma 10-00, 10-00; Yishu Sharma bt Chirag C. 07-04, 21-03; Men's : Singles: Pre-Quarter-finals : Mazhar Khan bt Preet Kamal 25-08, 25-00; Talib bt Sidharth Khanna 25-00, 25-00; Saquib bt Kuldipak Dhir 25-13, 21-05; Raj Kumar bt Umeed Ali 10-20, 25-15, 25-07; Neeraj Bharti bt Yishu Sharma 25-18, 23-13; Gagandeep Singh bt Tasavar Ali 25-02, 25-09; Girls : Sub-junior : Tuba bt Manu Gupta 12-02, 06-05; Girls : Junior : Final : Tuba bt Gulshan 21-05, 21-00; Women's : Singles :
- In Malda, it’s still all about Ghani Khan
- Dasmunsi’s teen son invokes father’s AIIMS dream and Rahul’s name to seek votes for mother
- Modi can take India to next level: Bedi
- IPL style event will help women’s cricket: Anjum
- ‘Accused’s friends have deposed against him’
- Exhibition takes hopeful look at dilapidated mills in city