Twitter shuts down accounts tweeting naked images of children
- Varun Gandhi hits back at cousin Priyanka over 'astray' remark, says she crossed 'lakshman rekha of decency'
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says 'toffee' has caught his fancy after 'balloon'
Micro blogging platform Twitter has shut down a number of accounts that had been tweeting naked images of children as young as seven or eight.
The depth of the problem was revealed on Christmas Eve when hacktivist group Anonymous started a name and shame campaign called "Operation Pedo Hunt."
According to News.com.au, over 50 accounts containing child exploitation were subsequently reported to Twitter.
Anonymous published three documents containing the names of the accounts identified.
It also revealed the Twitter handles of the hundreds of people that had been following them.
The hackers claimed they would be working to identify the names, occupations, addresses and phone numbers of people viewing child porn through Twitter, the report said.
According to the report, the social network is obligated to remove all child exploitation material and alert the appropriate federal authorities who have jurisdiction over the alleged offenses.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi