Twitter tops: Manmohan Singh more influential than Narendra Modi
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Narendra Modi might have a bigger fan following and celebrity status on the Internet, but the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, it seems, carries greater weight in the cyber space.
A private firm recently ranked politicians according to the 'influence' their messages on Twitter have on Internet users.
In this list, Manmohan Singh has scored better than Modi and Subramanian Swamy, and figures at the second position.
The Prime Minister has been beaten to the top slot by his Internet-savvy ministerial colleague Shashi Tharoor.