Twitter tops: Manmohan Singh more influential than Narendra Modi
- 9 ordinances, 4 for Rahul: UPA planning emergency laws days before polls are announced
- Willing to say sorry for any mistake, Rajnath Singh tells Muslims
- Top IM men have joined al-Qaeda, fighting in Af-Pak: NIA chargesheet
- 90,000 per seat: Young India could swing Elections 2014
- Prisoners on parole will have to serve additional term: Patil
Narendra Modi might have a bigger fan following and celebrity status on the Internet, but the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, it seems, carries greater weight in the cyber space.
A private firm recently ranked politicians according to the 'influence' their messages on Twitter have on Internet users.
In this list, Manmohan Singh has scored better than Modi and Subramanian Swamy, and figures at the second position.
The Prime Minister has been beaten to the top slot by his Internet-savvy ministerial colleague Shashi Tharoor.