Twitterati hail passage of Lokpal Bill in Parliament
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi attacks Gandhis, says family going strong for 60 years, time to build a strong nation
The Lokpal Bill was finally passed in the Lok Sabha and will become a law very soon. In a rare show of unanimity, the ruling Congress, BJP and Left parties united to pass the contentious bill. Minutes after the bill was cleared, people took to micro-blogging site Twitter to express their views.
Passing of Lokpal Bill reflects change Civil society has shown how democratic pressure can persuade legislators to act in public interest— Kiran Mazumdar Shaw (@kiranshaw) December 18, 2013
Lokpal coming after 46 years of wait! 8 times earlier it could not make it, But making it the 9 th time! Jai Ho. Jai Hind!— Kiran Bedi (@thekiranbedi) December 17, 2013
The sad part of Lokpal being passed is that now we won't henceforth hear that Anna is going on fast.— À La Ville De Satara (@AdvancedMaushi) December 18, 2013
Lok Sabha passes Lokpal bill. Anna ji thanking all in parliament right now. pic.twitter.com/CFcwQgBR1U— Ankita bora (@AnkitaBora24) December 18, 2013
Historic Lokpal Bill passed in Lok Sabha, will become law soon... Awaiting to see the big shots & corrupted... http://t.co/nseeODhKXv— Balajiprabaharan (@jeeharan) December 18, 2013
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'