Two arrested for abducting contractor
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy
- Prospects dim, Congress finding it hard to get many of its MPs to run for Lok Sabha
Two persons who had allegedly abducted a construction contractor to extort Rs 1 lakh from his family were arrested by Pune rural police on Saturday. Police said the suspects had also stolen centring material worth Rs 40 lakh from the contractor's godown and sold it at very low price.
Based on a complaint lodged by Shivprasad Balasaheb Kolampalli (23) of Bibvewadi, Pune rural police arrested the suspects Arvind alias Hrishikesh Adsul (21) and Aba alias Narendra Prakash Adsul (29) of Parvati Darshan. Police said one of their accomplice is yet to be arrested. Centring material worth Rs 12 lakh has been recovered from the suspects, police said.
Nitinkumar Gokave, inspector, local crime branch of the Pune rural police, said Adsul worked as work supervisor with Kolampalli. Sometime in November the suspects called Kolampalli and asked him to come near Khadi Machine Chowk in Kondhwa saying they had some work. "The two then forced him to get into a car and took him to Bapdeo Ghat. They forced him to sign a stamp paper according to which he owed them money. They called Kolampalli's mother seeking ransom of Rs 1 lakh. After they got the money, they dropped him at Khadi Machine Chowk and fled. Later, they stole centring material from his godown."
Police arrested the duo after they started threatening Kolampalli following which he registered a complaint.