Two assistant directors held for rash driving
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Two Bollywood assistant directors including Mark Samuel, who worked for blockbuster 'Dabangg 2', were today arrested for alleged rash driving and assault on cops in suburban Jogeshwari, police said.
According to police, Samuel was driving a Maruti car with one Vidushi Sood around 3.30 am at Behram Baug in Jogeshwari when they were intercepted by cops during a 'nakabandi'.
He was found driving the vehicle under the influence of alcohol and also without license and tried to run away from the spot, said V Dhamgode, senior inspector at Jogeshwari police station.
Also, the duo did not co-operate with cops and even assaulted policemen on duty. Samuel's lady friend tried to take the blame saying she drove the vehicle as she had a driving license on her, the police official said.
Both were subsequently brought to the police station and placed under arrest under IPC sections 279 (Rash driving or riding on a public way), 353 (Assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty) and relevant sections of Motor Vehicle Act.
Samuel was AD to the 2012 action film 'Dabangg 2' starring Salman Khan and Sonakshi Sinha. The film was directed and produced by Arbaaz Khan under the banner of Arbaaz Khan Productions.