Two blackbuck found dead in Moradabad, probe ordered
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
Two blackbuck were found killed inside a temporary enclosure built in Moradabad range forests on Thursday. Forest officials said the enclosure originally had two female blackbuck.
A male blackbuck was brought to the enclosure on Wednesday and it did not mix up completely with the female blackbuck. It seems that the male animal targetted the females which got hurt after hitting the iron rods erected on the boundary of the enclosure, officials said, adding that the male blackbuck had also suffered injuries.
Divisional Forest Officer (DFO) of Moradabad RC Jha said the carcasses had been sent to Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI) in Bareilly, for autopsy. He said they were yet to receive the autopsy reports, but the doctors informed him that the cause of death was shock. There were no visible external injury marks on the carcasses, he added.
The DFO has ordered an inquiry into the incident.
Principal Chief Conservator of Forests(Wildlife) Rupak De said the enclosure was a derecognised zoo and it was being used to temporarily keep animals brought from nearby areas. Asked if the enclosure was permitted to keep the protected animals, De said the animals are shifted to Kanpur zoo after a few days of their stay in the enclosure. He said the male blackbuck will also be shifted to Kanpur zoo.
Last month, as many as 31 blackbuck were killed by the stray dogs after entering their enclosure in Kanpur zoo in the night.
- ‘Maintain birth data; see how many go to school after 5 years’
- A nun-lawyer’s habit starts court dress code debate in Delhi
- They have not voted for 10 years
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- State registers 61 pc voter turnout in phase II
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan