Two child labourers rescued from tea stall
- Supreme Court to hear plea today for relook at verdict on gay sex
- J&K Governor calls for talks today, PDP signals phone call from Delhi may bring back BJP alliance
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6.7%; CRR at 4%
- Raigad: 13 Pune college students drown during picnic at Murud beach
- Zika virus outbreak: WHO declares global emergency
The Labour Department and the UT Police on Friday rescued two minors from a tea stall in the new timber market at Sector 26 who were working as labourers for the owner.
The owner of the tea stall has been challaned by the Labour Inspector of the Labour Department.
The two boys are brothers and residents of Colony Number 4, Industrial area, Chandigarh. Sub-Inspector Rohitash Yadav with the Anti Human Trafficking informed the Labour Department about the two children.
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment
- India’s expanding stakes in US demand a more strategic view of their changing politics
- Supreme Court has an opportunity to rectify its ruling on Section 377
- And everyone loves censorship — or so it seemed, at a session at the Jaipur Lit Fest
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms