Two college students killed, three injured in expressway accident
- Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention in Gujarat over no permission for road show
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
Two persons were killed and three others injured in an accident on Yamuna Expressway on Monday morning. Ravi and Naveen were killed in the accident, while Sudhanshu, Gopal and Vijay were injured. A senior police officer said the incident took place when the group of friends were heading towards Agra.
The officer said one of the five lived in Noida Sector-34. "The incident took place around 4 am near the zero point in Greater Noida. They were travelling in a Honda Amaze and were driving at high speed. The driver attempted to overtake a Maruti Swift car, and hit the divider. The car overturned several times, and the two persons on the front seats fell onto the service lane on the expressway," an officer said.
All of them studied in private colleges in Noida.
An officer said, "All five were rushed to Kailash Hospital, where two of them were declared dead on arrival. The accident took place due to negligent driving. We are waiting for the post-mortem reports and then action will be taken."