Two college students killed, three injured in expressway accident
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Two persons were killed and three others injured in an accident on Yamuna Expressway on Monday morning. Ravi and Naveen were killed in the accident, while Sudhanshu, Gopal and Vijay were injured. A senior police officer said the incident took place when the group of friends were heading towards Agra.
The officer said one of the five lived in Noida Sector-34. "The incident took place around 4 am near the zero point in Greater Noida. They were travelling in a Honda Amaze and were driving at high speed. The driver attempted to overtake a Maruti Swift car, and hit the divider. The car overturned several times, and the two persons on the front seats fell onto the service lane on the expressway," an officer said.
All of them studied in private colleges in Noida.
An officer said, "All five were rushed to Kailash Hospital, where two of them were declared dead on arrival. The accident took place due to negligent driving. We are waiting for the post-mortem reports and then action will be taken."
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties