Two commit suicide in Birbhum
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7: It's that man Glenn Maxwell again
Two students of BA second year committed suicide by consuming pesticide Monday night. The incident took place at Rampurhat in Birbhum. The two women, Ankita Prasad and Mita Pal, both aged around 21, were found in an alley at Bajarpara area in Rampurhat.
Students of the same college in Rampurhat, Ankita and Mita were fast friends and lived in the vicinity, although in different wards. Narayan Pal, a family member of Mita, said, "Mita went to an astrologer yesterday with her grandfather and after she returned, she said she was going to Ankita's place."
"When she didn't come back till 8.30 and her phone was found to be switched off, we went to Ankita's place and found that she was not there as well," he said.
A search was started and at 10 pm the two were found unconscious in an alley near Mita's place. While Mita had died, Ankita was still alive and was rushed to a hospital where she died around 11.30. No police complaint has been filed, but police have started inquiring into the matter.